Wednesday, February 20, 2013

VIDEO RESPONSE.

The parody of Video Killed The Radio Star had interesting lyrics. In my opinion I personally thought they were very true. We rely on technology too much, and don't realize what effects they are having on us. During the video, a  couple lines of lyrics reminded me of myself. " And now we tweet and blog and hashtag all our thoughts." That line connected to me because i will tweet pretty much anything that is on my mind, and blog about my feelings on tumblr. There are probably a lot of people out there that do do that, and it really made me think was it necessary to tweet everything? Why am i even bothering to tweet all these random thoughts? 
  We've gone from reading maps to searching it up on a gps, or an iphone. We've gone from playing outside to sitting in front of a computer all day long on social media sites. We've gone from playing with toys like barbies or cars to playing with electronic toys that interact with us. We've gone from talking to each other face to face to texting or chatting online. We've gone from reading books to watching movies instead. The chorus " Digital life has changed us" is spot on in my opinion. We're relying on technology to do the work for us, even simple things like calculators damage us, i bet some of us cant even solve 100-56 in our head anymore. Escalators are another example, is it that hard to walk up or down some stairs? I feel that laziness is becoming an issue which leads to obesity. No wonder obesity in children are rising rapidly, it's cause were too glued to our technology. 
 I have to admit, i love my phone, it is like my child, i bring it with me EVERYWHERE; and i am pretty sure all teenagers are like that now. I remember when i was a child, i would go out and play with my friends but now literally i just sit at home texting, or tweeting, facebooking, or tumblring. Technology has really changed the way we look at life, it has drastically altered, and ultimately the way we live now is so different than 20 years ago. I thought the lyrics to this parody video was clever and spot on. 


If you have not seen the video, check it out on this link! 
Digital Life

1 comment:

  1. Hi melissa!
    i really loved your response, and i totally agree with the lines that you connected with and the examples you gave was really good. Maybe try concluding what your opinion on the video was, so just generalize what you said in the beginning :)
    overall you did an excellent job explaining and sharing real life examples :)

    ReplyDelete