Sunday, June 16, 2013

Motivation By Tony Gurr

      Tony Gurr's blog post was some what baffling. I wasn't use to the way of presenting as Tony Gurr has presented his blog. His style of displacement caught my observation and interest. Therefore I refreshed the page and read the post again until I understood what Tony Gurr's post meant. The words seemed to be off topic at the beginning but reading it the second time while relating to the images made me laugh often from the easy jokes that lures the readers in. For example in the beginning when Tony Gurr explained that long lasting passion burns from the inside, he also dared the readers to contradict him. Here I believe he both created a strong hook and also taught the second lesson of teaching: a voice. Tony Gurr posted this blog post to educate others, he made an example of asking for the learner's voice by asking them to contradict him. I may be reading into it too much but here I think that this is a great lesson in teaching others of how to teach.
      In the end I made a conclusion: I will not become a professional teacher.
      Why? I do not trust myself in holding the decision of a child's future. Just as Tony Gurr's post says: (If the student does not like me or does not have an inner passion for the subject which may require tests or other events, he or she will not learn well.)
      I agree with this image, teachers should give the students a reasonable amount of voice and choices so they don't feel as if they are prisoners.
      I also understand that a teacher can only create an environment and provide encouragements to the student to be motivated to learn, not to create motivation and try to stuff it down the student's throat. Motivation is ignited by passion, and passion can only be lit by the owner, not a by stander. Emotions can only be obtained by the individual, not by others because it is the individual's emotions, not others. Again teachers must be open, suggestive, encouraging...
      Tony Gurr's one of the last images made me laugh too. Ms.Pushover considers if she has choose the right career when all the students are goofing off. Here it is very sad because she did not realize that all children has those times of fooling around. She is not only wasting her own time, she is also throwing away the precious few years that the students have which will determine the rest of their life.
      
 Learning and teaching is everywhere.
Students and teachers are everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment