Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Red Pill, No Blue Pill - Response


“You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” The Matrix

Starting of this post on learning and internet communication with this quote was a gripping idea. It intrigues the reader and gets them to continue reading. To some the writing style that continued after the quote could be considered beautiful, I on the other hand have a different view on the subject and style.

In this entry she stresses how well blogging and the internet can enhance learning. She describes how bland a class without some form of internet communication or work can be. My opinion on this matter is very different. Personally I find the action of writing on paper or reading a book to be relaxing. Not only for my eyes but also for my mind. Yes I do agree with the author on how important communication is during the learning process but I don’t believe you need blogs and the internet to do so. Pen pals, teachers, and pear review are all ways to do this. The irony of posting this on a blog does not escape me. I do see the positive side of using social media in learning, but my view on the matter is remains different.

The blog itself though was genius. Ana Cristina Pratas is a wonderful writer. The words she uses paint an image in your head and her style is unique. It is evident by her grammar that she is a teacher! When reading some other entries, her writing almost felt elegant. One thing that I did find was that her style of writing could be jumpy at times. To me it didn’t seem to flow. This was apparent to me in the first paragraph (I didn’t notice it much anywhere else).

Aside from her article the rest of the blog was very interesting. She writes about a wide variety of topics. When writing her entries I noticed that she likes to use visuals. I like the idea of having them there to enhance the message of her writing. At times I felt like this cluttered the blog. The idea of adding pictures and videos was excellent but in some areas there seemed to be a lot.  

Though there where some areas of the blog and article that I did not particularly agree with I do have to appreciate her style and thoughts. Ana Cristina Pratas has a talent for writing that has to be appreciated by the reader. If asked the question “would I continue reading her work?” I would say yes. Her work can be critiqued but her work is art. She expresses her thoughts and opinions freely with unique descriptions. For this reason I would have to state that Ana Cristina Pratas is a phenomenal writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment